Northern Racing College (NRC) provides a responsive centre of training excellence within the north, identifying, encouraging and nurturing talent, particularly within young people.
NRC’s wide range of courses specifically cater for the staffing needs of the British racing industry. We are a winning team. With 94% of our Foundation Course students going on to exciting careers in the horse racing industry, many of whom continue their education with NRC during their employment.
In only 12 weeks you could be qualified to work in the horse racing industry. Our team can help you achieve your potential. Be part of the NRC’s winning alumni of success!
Support British Horse Racing as its sustainable, resilient, responsive centre of training excellence in the north.
Deliver trained staff into horse racing.
Working as a team, exercise enthusiastic good leadership to nurture, inspire and motivate all learners to develop a passion for horses and racing and the skills to work in the industry.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
- We provide training that is relevant to the needs of the horse racing industry, to ensure student success.
- We are committed to the developmental improvement of our training, to keep it relevant.
- To constantly adapt and seek further opportunities within the industry, to be responsive.
- We work with local, regional and national stakeholders to exert positive influences within the college.
HOW WE DO IT?
The NRC is well-established and valued as a centre of excellence for the horseracing industry in the north, our contributions include:
- Around 500 training outcomes achieved annually, amounting to over 16,000 people training days.
- Northern focus and specialist – one of only two specialist racing colleges nationally, we are ideally placed to support many learners and employers across the north of England, Scotland and Ireland.
- Promoting life skills and citizenship – we provide training across a range of skills for independent living, which include monetary budgeting, health & wellbeing, cooking, communication & organisation skills.
- Ofsted rated GOOD with OUTSTANDING elements during 2016