HORSE HANDLERS COURSE
A Horse Handlers Course can be arranged upon request. Often racecourses have personnel that receive this training but we can provide it for individuals or organisations who would have such a requirements.
The training can either be delivered at the College or on site, as long as the site has the appropriate equine facilities / horses.
This one-day course comprises:
- Approaching horses – Theory
- Approaching horses / fitting a bridle – Practical
- Lead and restrain – Practical
- Making a makeshift halter
- Catching loose horses
- Loading horses into horse boxes safely – (Optional)
- Un-tacking horses that are on the ground (winded, unconscious or dead) – Theory
- Question and Answer session
If delivered at NRC the cost of the course includes refreshments. Participants will receive a certificate on completion of the course.
Costs will be dependent on the numbers being trained and whether the training takes place at NRC or on site.
HOW TO APPLY
Please contact Georgina Ridal for further information
T: 01302 861000 E: email@example.com